Gah, Not what you wanted…
This Blog started recently as a Xanga blog and shortly moved here into wordpress because its just more handy. I post mainly about Anime, but also about games and thing of the sort.
bellow its a regular vocabulary used by any average otaku. Credits to Jason Miao – Blogsuki.com – Anime.miao.us
- 2chan: Japanese message board which sometimes have a nugget of good art.
- 4koma: standard four panel comic found in Japan… very similar to newspaper comics in the US, only racier and much more violent. Sometimes.
- 4tw: “for the win.” Usually referring to something awesome.
- buri: Short for Bridget, the male Guilty Gear fighter who dresses up like a chix0r.
- chix0r: gaming term generally referring to characters lacking y-chromosome.
- fanboy: someone devoted enough to a hobby that they will make a blog out of it; what I tend to label myself… mostly because there’s a connotation that fanboys whine alot.
- fanservice: originally meant filler art in an anime, it now takes on the meaning of “exposing more than normally will”. As in: Keitaro tripped, fell, and grabbed onto Naru’s skirt, thus providing the room with ample fanservice.
- Gainax Ending: Gainax is an anime studio that is notorious for having non-sensical endings (i.e. Mahoromatic, Kare Kano, Eva).
- l33t: gaming spelling for “elite”.
- nekomimi meido: translates to “cat-eared maid”, which I guess is the pinnicle of maid evolution in harem genre anime (see: Yoriko).
- sekushi : romanized form of “Sexy”. Typically used to describe nekomimi meido.
- symmetrical docking: anime fanboy term… here’s the 4koma that spawned the meme.
- qcf: “quarter-circle forward”… usually denotes a move in a fighting game. Yes, anime fanboys tend to like sprite-based fighters. Maybe more so than 3d fighters.